Monday, November 12, 2007

Today's Question

I'm gearing up to watch my Christmas movies, one of which is Metropolitan.

Which brings me to today's question:

Whatever happened to Carolyn Farina?

She was the girl who played Audrey in Metropolitan, then Daniel Day-Lewis's priggish sister in Age of Innocence, then a cameo in Last Days of Disco, then one other film I'm going to see, then--NOTHING--the past nine years. No online info about her deciding to do experimental theatre or switch to architecture or enter an ashram in western Oregon. No walk-on during the last two years of "Will and Grace."

ZERO.

The long-awaited Metropolitan DVD came out. A certain Astro-Girl assures me that if I'm a good little boy, Santa may ho ho ho a certain winky winky into my stocking, itself containing commentary from Whit Stillman, Chris Eigeman and Taylor Nichols, whose character Charlie (if I read my Disco symbols correctly) ended up with Audrey in the end. But nothing from Carolyn Farina.

Where is this person?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just took the kids to see Jerry's Bee Movie. Very good. Even with all the build-up, the pathetic NBC over-the-top hype, it was very funny.

I'm always thankful to any writer, who has the parent in mind when making a children's movie.

BTW, "David Putty's" character steals the show every time he's on the screen. (Well his voice steals the....oh you know what I mean).

Anonymous said...

I forgot to preface my post with....."speaking of movies......."

texasyank said...

Cool--got it.

Anonymous said...

Tell me, do you have all of the lines in "Metropolitan" memorized as I do for "Sands of Iwo Jima"?

Oh, I finally saw "Last Days of Disco" and loved it. Also, I did notice Carolyn Farina's cameo appearance and thought it a bit strange.

Anonymous said...

Look this name up on Facebook: Carolyn Farina Lasater

Could it be her?

Josh said...

She is not Carolyn Farina Lasater. She has a rump page on FB.

Julian O'Dea said...

http://davidcollard.wordpress.com/2013/10/04/what-happened-to-carolyn-farina/